A salt scrub is great for exfoliating and moisturizing your skin. Scrubbing away dead skin cells helps remove toxins and junk from your system, which
in turn helps keep you healthy. Salt is also a natural detoxifier.
Now you can have your own salt scrub treatment anytime at your convenience at home just like they do at luxurious spas. Salt scrubs purpose is to
exfoliate your skin, removing the outermost layer of dead skin cells and leaving your skin softer and smoother.
All my salt scrubs are made to order
8 ounce jar w/ wooden spoon
$12.95 (sea salt and epsom salt blend)
$14.95 (Himalayan pink salt blend)
$16.95 (Dead sea salt blend)
Purchase through my Etsy shop ~ Moments are blessed and have shipped to you or if you are wanting to pick up in the Palmetto
FL area, contact me to purchase and save shipping charge.
You have a choice of base oils, salts and blends/mixes.
First start with picking the type of salt you want your scrub to be ~ pick one per scrub
- Sea salt and Epsom Salts Fine Grain Sea Salt is a rich source of minerals, and it offers numerous beauty, skin and personal care benefits.
Epsom Salts It is magnesium sulfate which is a pure mineral that is very good for your skin and body. Epsom salts are an anti-inflammatory
plus they naturally relax the nervous system, treat skin problems, and draws toxins and heavy metals from the body. It softens skin and will
reduce swelling and inflammation. We use them for sore muscles, aches and pains, to reduce swelling and inflammation, even during cold and
- Dead Sea Salts This is the most unique salt when it comes to the good stuff. They are ten times higher in trace minerals than other salts. .
Potassium helps regulate the moisture level of the skin, Magnesium helps promote healing, and Bromide has a smoothing and relaxing effect.
Dead Sea Salt exfoliates and revitalizes the skin and helps draw out toxins. Dead Sea Salt is well known for its ability to relieve aches and
pains, reduce stiffness after exertion, relax the muscles and relieve skin problems such as acne, eczema and psoriasis. Regular use of salts
promotes healthy skin by exfoliating and encouraging regeneration of new skin cells.
- Himalayan Pink Salt This salt is found in the majestic Himalayan mountain range. The color comes from the high mineral content. It’s not
only pretty—it’s good for you!
Second choose which type of base oil you would like to use ~ pick one per scrub
- Coconut Oil – Excellent skin moisturizer and is easily absorbed into the skin. It is anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and antioxidant. (Please note
that if you have nut allergies, you may be allergic to this oil. Check with your health care provider before using) . Coconut oil is a great skin
softener and helps you do away with dry and hard skin conditions. It can assist in preventing wrinkles and adding collagen.
- Bon Vital’ professional massage oil: Cold compressed to ensure the highest amount of Vitamins and Minerals, 100 percent Pure, and of the
highest grade. Enriched with a blend of; safflower, grape seed, sesame seed, avocado, olive, soybean, aloe, jojoba and Vitamins a, E, C, and
Pro Vitamin B5.
Or choose one, two or all three oils of the following (most prefer all three)
- Avocado Oil (mixed with Sunflower oil) is rich nourishing oil which absorbs well and provides softening qualities for the skin. Rich in Vitamin
A, B1, B2, B5, D and E with Beta-carotene, minerals, proteins, lecithin. Benefits dry flaky skin, sensitive skin, psoriasis, eczema, sun-damaged,
age spots and scars. Penetrates to boost collagen production, moisturizing and smooths skin. It may reduce itching and skin inflammation.
- Grapeseed oil is well-regarded for its emollient properties. It will make your skin feel silky smooth. It contains linoleic acid that strengthens
the cell membranes and improves the overall quality of your skin. Regular application of this oil results in skin tightening and toning. It is
especially beneficial for people who have oily skin.
- Sunflower oil is a natural and healthy way of maintaining a great skin, thanks to its calming and emollient (moisturizing) properties. Being
rich in nutrients and antioxidants, it is widely used for medicinal and cosmetic purposes and is found to be effective against acne, eczema,
inflammation, general redness and irritation of the skin. It is extremely high in vitamin E, A, C and D which is known for preventing scarring
and smoothing of existing wrinkles. It is suitable for normal to dry skin and is increasingly used in aromatherapy because of its mild scent and
Vitamin E is added to all salt scrubs to act as a natural antioxidant and lengthen the shelf life of this oil.
Now for picking out your blend
Stress Relief This blend is designed to assist you in relaxing, calming and chilling out with your emotions. This blend is great on your skin. A blend
of Lavender, Geranium, Rosewood, Ylang Ylang
Calm the beast within A blend of essential oils to calm that tension, nerves and stress. A blend of bergamot, orange and lavender.
Nighty Night dreams tonight This blend assists you in relaxing and is great to use right before bedtime. Some of the essential oils are used for
dream enhancing. This blend is great on your skin. A blend of chamomile, jasmine, rose, clary sage and lavender.
Masculine blend This blend is designed for that manly scent. (but great on women too). Blend of sandalwood, cedarwood and bergamot.
Oriental This blend is designed for you to imagine that you are in the orient with the aroma of the Far East. A blend of sandalwood, myrrh and
Sensual attraction This blend assists in creating a feeling of sensual attraction. A blend of Patchouli, Ylang Ylang, Frankincense, Jasmine and
Romantic time This blend of essential oils create that romantic atmosphere. A blend of Ylang Ylang, rosewood, jasmine, neroli and vanilla.
Passion boost A blend of essential oils for mood lifting and romance. A blend of vanilla and grapefruit.
Pure indulgence A blend that will have you feeling that you are at a luxurious spa and having an high price treatment. A blend of sage, rose,
geranium, palmarosa, rosewood, cedarwood, patchouli and vetiver.
Tropical Paradise A blend that will your imagination thinking about a beautiful beach on a tropical island. A blend of coconut, vanilla and lime.
Relax the muscles This blend is for muscle aches and for relaxing. A blend of lavender, eucalyptus and rosemary.
Just chill A blend that will have you feeling peace, bliss and that chilling feeling. A blend of lavender, cedarwood, orange and ylang ylang.
Give me a break A blend that is great for exhaustion, ache muscles and over worked mind. A blend of rosemary, cypress, Jupiter, basil, lemongrass,
orange and vetiver.
Tranquility A relaxing and stress relieving blend. A blend of lavender, chamomile, marjoram and sandalwood.
The big ease This blend is great for those achy muscles, tired feeling, reducing inflammation and uplifting the moods. A blend of bergamot,
palmarosa, lemongrass, eucalyptus and rosemary.
Bye bye bad dreams This blend assists in clearing the negative energy around during the night time while you sleep. Some of the essential oils
used are for protection, removing negativity, enhancing the dream state, visualization and manifesting. A blend of sage, clary sage, lavender and
Uplifting A blend that gives you that happy emotional boost. This is great for those that are healing the heart chakra. A blend of geranium,
rosewood and bergamot.
Recouping after the breakup A blend that is designed for healing the heart chakra after breakups or just healing the heart chakra. Great to use at
night time too. A blend of geranium, ylang ylang, rose and bergamot.
Colds, congestion and sinuses relief A blend of carefully formulated oils to help relieve colds, congestion and sinusitis. A blend of eucalyptus, fir,
peppermint, cedarwood and neroli.
Self Defense A blend of essential oils to use during flu and cold seasons or around others that is sick. A blend of cloves, lavender, lemon,
eucalyptus and rosemary.
Rescue me This blend is for those that give over 100 percent of themselves. A blend of lavender, rosemary, eucalyptus, fir and peppermint.
Concentrate and focus A blend that assist in focusing and concentrating. A blend of rosemary, lemongrass, orange, ginger and grapefruit.
Centering This blend assists with that feeling of clearing the mind and being present. A blend of lavender, orange, geranium, cedarwood,
marjoram and frankincense.
Pick me up A blend of essential oils to give you that pick me up energy boost. A blend of spearmint, peppermint, rosemary, orange, grapefruit and
Boost me up When you have the feeling of jet lag and have not even left home, this scrub will make you feel alert and energized. A blend of
lemongrass, geranium and fennel.
Peppermint and citrus A blend that smooths your skin that leaves the skin refreshed and stimulated. It enhances your energy and moods. This
blend is great for acne, normal and oily skin. A great detoxifier.
Detoxifying, revitalizing and moisturizing This blend tones and revitalizes the skin while leaving it moisturized. A blend of juniper, rosemary
Renewal This wonderful floral blend will leave your skin refreshed and renewed. A blend of geranium, ylang ylang, lavender and rose
Help the tootsies This blend is for those that have or occasional athlete’s foot. A blend of Cedarwood, eucalyptus, frankincense, helichrysum,
lavender, lemongrass, oregano and tea tree
Dry skin relief A blend of essential oils that specialize in dry skin. Chamomile, frankincense, geranium, helichrysum, palmarosa, patchouli,
peppermint, rose, sandalwood and ylang ylang.
Just the basic blends
Your choice of one, two or three different essential oils for your salt scrub.
Choice of essential oils:
- Lavender (blends well with citrus, floral, cedarwood, clove, clary sage, geranium and patchouli)
- Lemongrass (blends well with bergamot, cedarwood, clary sage, geranium, ginger, grapefruit, lavender, lemon, marjoram, orang, palmarosa,
patchouli, rosemary and ylang ylang)
- Grapefruit (blends well with citrus and bergamot)
- Peppermint (blends well with rosemary, eucalyptus, lemon, marjoram and lavender)
- Eucalyptus (blends well with rosemary, lavender, marjoram, cedarwood and lemon)
- Spearmint (blends well with eucalyptus, jasmine, lavender, lemon, orange, peppermint and rosemary)
- Bergamot (blends well with lavender, jasmine, chamomile, lemon and geranium)
- Geranium (blends well with lavender, patchouli, clove, rose, sandalwood, jasmine and bergamot)
- Rose (blends well with floral)
- Jasmine (blends well with bergamot, sandalwood, lavender, rose and ylang ylang)
- Sandalwood (blends well with rose, lavender, jasmine, patchouli, geranium and bergamot)
- Chamomile (blends well with bergamot, jasmine, clary sage, rosemary and ylang ylang)
- Ylang Ylang (blends well with jasmine, bergamot, rose and citrus oils)
- Palmarosa (blends well with bergamot, cedarwood, chamomile, clary sage, clove, geranium, ginger, grapefruit, lemon, lemongrass, orange,
patchouli, rose, rosemary, sandalwood and ylang ylang)
- Orange (blends well with citrus oils)
- Rosemary (blends well with lavender, peppermint and cedarwood)
- Ginger (blends well with bergamot, cedarwood, clove, eucalyptus, geranium, grapefruit, jasmine, lemon, lime, orange, Palmarosa, patchouli,
rose, sandalwood, ylang ylang)
- Vanilla (blends well with bergamot, grapefruit, lemon, orange and sandalwood)
- Lime (blends well with citrus oils, clary sage, lavender and rosemary)
- Clove (blends well with bergamot, clary sage, grapefruit, lavender, lemon, orange, peppermint, rose, rosemary and ylang ylang)
- Cedarwood aka cedar (blends well with bergamot, clary sage, jasmine, lavender, orange, rose, rosemary, sandalwood and ylang ylang)
- Marjoram (blends well with bergamot, cedarwood, chamomile, eucalyptus, lavender, lemon, orange, peppermint and rosemary)
- Bergamot and orange
- Rosemary and lavender
- Rose, geranium and patchouli
- Ginger and lemongrass
- Lemon & rosemary
- Bergmont & lavender
- Sage, mint & tea tree
- Geranium, lavender & rose
- Orange, clove, cedarwood and lemon
- Spearmint and patchouli
- Lavender & peppermint
- Orange cream creamsicle~ orange & vanilla
How to use:
Before you apply to your skin make sure you wet your skin. Draw a bath or run a shower. Hop in and get your skin nice and wet. This will make it
easier to spread the salt scrub over your skin.
Applying to your skin
Open the jar of salt scrub and stir it because of the settling of contents. Spoon out about one teaspoon(or more) of scrub and place in your palm of
your hand. With gentle circular motions, gently rub into your skin. It is up to you where you want to start. Some prefer starting with arms and others
legs or anywhere in between. Don’t forget to get the rough areas of skin; feet, elbows, knees etc. Continue gentle circular motion rubbing for one
to two minutes to remove dead skin and exfoliate.
After you have applied the scrub it’s time to wash off in the shower. Be careful because the scrub can make the tub or area slippery.
Just want to do your hands and / or feet
just fill a bucket or bowl with warm water. Soak your feet and / or hands just for a minute. Then apply the scrub to that area. Use between a
teaspoon (and more) for the feet. After applying wash off and dry.
You can use the salt scrub to soak in the bathtub instead of scrubbing with it
Soak in Tub
Add around 2 oz ( 3 Tablespoons) salts to warm bath. Swish to dissolve. Soak 20-30 minutes. Be very careful especially when standing up in tub, oils
can make tub very slick. It is best to use a bath mat for safety. Clean tub well after use so next person using tub will not slip.
Tips, ideas and important things
- Use the body scrubs no more than once or twice a week, as overuse can strip your skin of valuable oils.
- Do not rub too vigorously on sensitive parts and skin.
- Spend more time on areas that tend to be rough or un smooth. (Examples: elbows, knees, heels etc.)
- Be careful not to slip when applying, the scrubs may make things slippery, use caution.
- Finish off applying a natural body moisturizer.
- Drink plenty of water to help with the exfoliation and detoxification process.
- Some essential oils are not recommended during pregnancy or for high blood pressure or epilepsy. Please consult your physician before
- Always test on an area of your skin before using.
- Not recommended for use on the face.
- It’s important to use a spoon for the scrub; otherwise bacteria, soap, and water from your hands may contaminate the mixture.
- Please be mindful when using in and around the shower or bath as scrub has the potential to leave a slightly slippery surface.
- Some of the salt scrubs have coconut oil in them. If you are allergic to nuts, you may have an allergic reaction.
- I make these salt scrubs with no added preservatives; please avoid getting water inside container to prolong shelf life.
- Some essential oils may cause skin to tingle. If you develop skin irritation, discontinue use.
- Do not apply to cut skin or scratches or it will sting.
- These products are made with natural ingredients including essential oils which can be very strong. We recommend a skin patch test if you
are concerned about a reaction. Apply a small amount of the product to the inside of your wrist or elbow and leave uncovered for 24 hours .Do
not wash the area during test time. If there is no sign of irritation, burning, itching, redness or swelling, then it should be safe for you to use.
Use caution on sensitive areas of your body, like your face. If skin irritation ever develops, discontinue using and consult a medical
professional if needed.
- Pregnant women should consult their health care professional before using any products that contain essential oils.
- Store the salt scrubs in a cool and dry location. Best if used within six months or less of opening. It can be stored in the refrigerator. Place
container in a thick zip lock back to prevent odors from the refrigerator to penetrate in product.
Disclaimer: All information, content and product descriptions contained within this site are for informational, educational, and reference purposes
only and is not intended to substitute advice given by a pharmacist, physician, or other licensed health-care professional. Information and
statements regarding products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or
disease. Anyone considering alternative therapies should consult with their medical professional before using an alternative method of healing. You
should not use this information for treating a health problem or disease or to make a self-diagnosis. We do not give nor is any opinion on our web
site to be construed as medical advice. Contact your Health Care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem.
If you are allergic or sensitive to a plant, fruit, or herb you may be allergic or sensitive to the essential oil of that plant. Please be responsible for not
using essential oils that you are allergic or sensitive to. If you suspect an allergy or sensitivity please patch test the oil before use. Please dilute
essential oils properly. Never use an essential oil undiluted unless advised by your health care professional or Certified Aromatherapist. Keep all
essential oils away from the eyes and the ear canals. Pregnant women, infants, and children should not use essential oils without first consulting a
health care professional.
We do not advise the use of essential oils for internal use unless they are recommended by your health care professional or recommended safe to
ingest by a Certified Aromatherapist. Only your health care professional or Certified Aromatherapist can recommend the proper dosage and safe use
of essential oils. Please check with your health care professional and Certified Aromatherapist before ingesting any essential oils.
While we use trusted and tested materials, we do not know personal medical history and so the product user assumes all risk for any reactions,
allergies or negative results, which may result from the use of our products.
Essential oils may stain clothing, fabrics, skin and or furniture. Purchasing our products implies acceptance of this information and the release of any
It will be prudent to consult a physician, therapist or spiritual advisor before using these products if you are not sure of any reaction after using any
herbs, oils, incense or sprays as well as any rituals or ceremonies. The customer must be over 18 years of age and takes all the responsibilities
when purchasing and using our products.
Can cause photo sensitivity avoid in direct sun. Wash off completely before sun exposure. – Bergamot, grapefruit, lime, lemon, orange and
Avoid during pregnancy – Cedar (cedarwood), chamomile, cinnamon, cypress, geranium, juniper, myrrh, peppermint, rose, sage, spearmint and
Not to use with high blood pressure or epilepsy –Eucalyptus and rosemary
May antidote homeopathic remedies – Eucalyptus and peppermint